Wednesday 7 March 2012

How to Create UnEncrypted PDF File out of Encrypted and Secured PDF Document

If you have an encrypted / password protected PDF document which you can only print to physical printers then you cannot create a simple PDF file out of the it using Adobe Distiller or any other PDF printers softwares.

I use Adobe PDF Distiller to create a PDF File out of Encrypted and Secured PDF Document and I get the following

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
This PostScript file was created from an encrypted PDF file.
Redistilling encrypted PDF is not permitted.
%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Now I wanted to create a PDF file of the encrypted document but no matter what PDF maker I use I was not able to get the PDF document and believe me I tried almost all of them, Primo PDF, PDF 995 and many others

Now the only thing remaining for me to try was to get a printer to print the file and scan it back and as I am only able to print the document using physical printer but not PDF printers.

Suddenly my printer cartridge is out of ink.

You always learn more from your failures than from success and so I saw Windows XPS Document writer where you can create a XPS documents from the Encrypted and Secured PDF Document.

Now open the XPS file in Internet Explorer and create the PDF document of the file using any PDF Printers like Primo PDF, PDF 995 or any other.

Enjoy !!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello all,

    Adobe Acrobat gives you the option to encrypt your PDF files by making them password-protected. Encrypting PDF file is one of the good and easy to use ways to protect the document's contents from unauthorized access so that only a specified set of users have access to it. This security is similar to lock your doors to prevent someone from entering your house without permission. Encrypting a PDF file can limit access to it by setting passwords and by restricting certain features, such as printing and editing. Thanks...

    Disable Copying

    ReplyDelete