Saturday 10 March 2012

Recovered Hard Disk Data Post ‘Access Denied’ Error



However, before I was aware of third-party hard disk data recovery tools, I went into the state of shock for sometime just like anyone who is unaware of these ultimate utilities. Let me narrate the whole incident in detail. I was having Windows XP on my laptop which had two partitions as C: primary partition that contained Windows and D: the secondary partition which I used to store all my data. To upgrade to Windows 7, I decided to perform clean installation on the primary partition of my laptop i.e. on C. Thus, I took the backup of entire data of C on my pen drive expecting that all the data on D partition would remain intact.

Thus, after successful installation of Windows 7, I restarted my computer and tried to access partition D. Alas! To my dismay, partition D was no longer accessible. Though I could see partition D at ‘My Computer’ but could not access it instead getting the below mentioned error message, when accessing it:

“Access Denied – Drive Not Accessible”

Worried, I searched over the internet from my brother’s laptop and found that I could use the below mentioned command on the elevated command prompt of computer to fix this issue:

“takeown /f drive_name:\ /R /D Y”

Where, the drive_name is replaced with the letter of the affected drive such as I used C here. But, this solution didn’t work and I learnt that this problem also occurs due to partition table corruption. And in that case, I needed to delete the corrupted partition and restore data from updated backup. Since, I was not having the backup of D drive but to make it accessible I needed to delete it thus, I again searched for the internet for some hard disk recovery software by which I could recover all the data which would lost due to deletion of partition. My search for hard disk data recovery software stopped when I learned about Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery software.

Thus, I deleted the corrupt partition and through this efficient data recovery tool, I recovered all my data in just few clicks. This software is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, and 2000 operating systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment